Upgrading the Timex Global Trainer Firmware
- Download the latest version of firmware here:
Click the link to download the firmware, and save the file to your Desktop.
- Attach the download/charging clip to the back of the Global Trainer watch, and plug the cord into a USB port on your computer.
- Power on the Global Trainer watch.
- It is impotant to note that when you download new firmware to your Global Trainer watch, your configuration settings, as displayed in the Device Agent Settings tab, are erased from the watch unless you save them. Instructions on how to save your Configuration Settings can be found HERE.
- On the Global Trainer watch, press MODE until CONFIGURE displays. Press DOWN to select GPS and press ENTER to confirm. Press DOWN to select VERSION and press ENTER to confirm.
- Press and hold the START/SPLIT button for 2 seconds to put the watch in Firmware Upgrade mode.
- Press DOWN to highlight YES, and press ENTER to confirm. If you need to abort BEFORE CONTINUING with the firmware update process, press ENTER and START/SPLIT simultaneously.
- Go to the File menu in the Timex Device Agent and select Update Device.
- When asked for the upgrade file, select the file saved to your Desktop from Step 1.
- The watch will show a progress bar on the screen indicating that the Global Trainer watch firmware is being upgraded. DO NOT DISCONNECT THE WATCH FROM THE COMPUTER, OR ABORT THE OPERATION FROM THE WATCH.
- The Global Trainer watch will reset and shut down when the upgrade is completed. Once the Global Trainer automatically shuts down, then it is ok to disconnect the watch from the computer.
- To restore your Global Trainer Configruation Settings, follow these steps.