Upgrading the Timex Cycle Trainer 2.0 Firmware
- Download the latest version of firmware here:
Click the link to download the firmware, and save the file to your Desktop.
- Attach the USB clip to the back of the Cycle Trainer, and plug the cord into a USB port on your computer.
- Power on the Cycle Trainer. Hold the POWER button for 2 s. When asked to connect to the computer, select NO using the UP or DOWN buttons and press ENTER.
- It is important to note that when you download new firmware to your Cycle Trainer, your configuration settings, as displayed in the Device Agent Settings tab, are erased from the watch unless you save them. Instructions on how to save your Configuration Settings can be found HERE.
- On the Cycle Trainer, hold the ENTER button.
- With the UP and DOWN buttons, select CONFIGURATION and press ENTER.
- With the UP and DOWN buttons, select SYSTEM UPGRAD and press ENTER.
- Use the UP and DOWN buttons to select YES to the question “DO YOU REALLY WANT TO UPDATE?” and press ENTER.
- Go to the File menu in the Timex Device Agent and select Update Device.
- When asked for the upgrade file, select the file saved to your Desktop from Step 1.
- The watch will show a progress bar on the screen indicating that the Cycle Trainer watch firmware is being upgraded. DO NOT DISCONNECT THE WATCH FROM THE COMPUTER, OR ABORT THE OPERATION FROM THE WATCH.
- The Cycle Trainer watch will reset and shut down when the upgrade is completed. Once the Cycle Trainer automatically shuts down, then it is ok to disconnect the watch from the computer.
- To restore your Cycle Trainer Configuration Settings, follow these steps.